51. Using many symbols makes it possible to put a large amount of information on a single map.
52. Anarchism is a term describing a cluster of doctrines and attitudes whose principal uniting feature is the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary.
53. Probably no man had more effect on the daily lives of most people in the Untied States than did Henry Ford a pioneer in automobile production.
54. The use of well-chosen nonsense words makes possible the testing of many basic hypotheses in the field of language learning.
55. The history of painting is a fascinating chain of events that probably began with the very first pictures ever made.
56. Perfectly matched pearls, strung into a necklace, bring a far higher price than the same pearls told individually.
57. During the eighteenth century, Little Turtle was chief of the Miami tribe whose territory became what is now Indiana and Ohio.
58. Among almost seven hundred species of bamboo, some are fully grown at less than a foot high, while others can grow three feet in twenty-four hours.
59. Before staring on a sea voyage, prudent navigators learn the sea charts, study the sailing directions, and memorize lighthouse locations to prepare themselves for any conditions they might encounter.
60. Of all the economically important plants, palms have been the least studied.