16. Nowadays, school children are given too much free time. Some people think that this time should be used for schoolwork. Discuss how children should spend their free time. Give your reasons and examples.
17. Many schools demand the students wear uniforms. Some people think that such a practice can undermine their personality and individuality. What is your opinion?
18. Some people believe that pet animals such as cats and dogs cannot be kept in the cities, especially in busy modern cities. Do you agree or disagree?
19. Nowadays, teenagers cause a lot of social problems due to lack of discipline. Some people think that parents should spend more time staying with their children. Do you agree or disagree?
20. Nowadays, many children have their part-time jobs. Some people say that doing part-time jobs is useful, but others argue that children should enjoy their childhood. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
21. Some people think if students want to learn a foreign language, it is advisable for them to learn it in the native countries where the language is actually spoken. What’s your opinion? Give your reasons.
22. In some countries, there are women taking the positions of police officers, while some people believe that women are not suitable to work in the police force. DO you agree or disagree? Write your reasons and give examples in your experience.
23. Many schools demand the students wear uniforms. Some people think that such a practice can undermine their personality and individuality. What is your opinion?
24. Some people say that they can learn a wide range of knowledge from their traveling experience, while others think there is little to be learned from their tours. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
25. Some people say money is very useful in bringing us happiness, but others argue that it is useless in terms of providing happiness. Discuss both views and give your own opinion and reasons.
26. Some parents think the children’s leisure time should be more educational, but others argue this will exert too much pressure on children. Discuss both viewpoints and give your own opinion and reasons.
27. More and more people choose to get married in their thirties or even forties, and they often give birth to fewer children than their parents and grandparents. What is the reason for this social phenomenon? Do you think it is a good or bad development?
28. Some people say that in one’s teens, a person can enjoy more happiness because adults have too many responsibilities, while others think adults are more likely to have their happy times. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
29. Some people think that private schools should not be allowed because they provide some students unfair advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
30. In order to improve students’ chances of finding a decent job, secondary schools should spend less time teaching traditional subjects, such as history. Instead, they should devote more time to communicational skills and business. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons.
31. Some people think that anyone can be a good teacher with suitable training, while others argue that there are certain requirements that cannot be achieved just by training. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion and some relevant examples.