1. School children are feeling great pressure from their studies, especially in that they often spend a long time doing their homework. Therefore many of them do not have enough time to play sports, pursue hobbies, and enjoy themselves. What is your opinion of your issue?
2. It is now very popular for high school or college students who have full-time courses to do some part-time jobs. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working part-time.
3. In recent decades, there have been an increasing number of interracial marriages around the world. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of marrying people from other countries or races.
4. There are a lot of professions in the modern society, including policeman, doctor, farmer, manager, lawyer, scientist, artist, and teacher. Which profession do you think should receive the highest salary? Give your reasons.
5. Nowadays, a lot of media, including newspaper, magazine, television, radio, and even the Internet, are publishing stories of people’s private lives. Should this practice be banned? Give your reasons.
6. In modern society, there has been a growing trend that people prefer to have fast food instead of cooking for themselves. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of easting fast food.
7. In many countries, young people are required to do military service for a whole year. What are the benefits of this practice? In countries there is no military service, should the government organize young people to do some community jobs? Give examples and your own experience.
8. Some people think that a high salary is the most important feature of a job. Others believe that things such as training, job satisfaction, working hours, and the opportunity to travel are more important. Discuss both arguments and give your opinion.
9. Nowadays, people often feel great pressure from their jobs. What measures can employers as well as employees take to reduce the work-related stress? Give examples and your own experience.
10. Many parents complain that the computer games have no value to their children’s studies. On the contrary, those on-line games have produced a lot of negative effects on their mental and physical development. What is your opinion? Give examples and your own experience.
11. Participating in sports is more important for social development and psychological health than for the improvement of physical conditions. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons and use your own experience.
12. Nowadays there are fewer and fewer people who are willing to pursue the career of teacher. What are the causes of this phenomenon? What can government do to encourage people to work in this profession?
13. Nowadays, a lot media, including newspaper, magazine, television, radio, and even the Internet, are publishing stories of people’s private lives. Should this practice be banned? Give your reasons.
14. In modern education, a lot of homework makes school children feel very stressful. Some people say the amount of homework should be reduced so that they can have more time to learn other useful skills. What’s your opinion? Give your reasons and use your own experience and examples.
15. Nowadays many household people do not like to cook meal from fresh ingredients. Instead, they often choose fast foods. Explain the reason for this trend. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your own experience.