16. Someone wrote an article in the newspaper criticizing a new movie. Write a letter to the author to express your disapproval, explaining why you disagree with his or her opinion.
17. You have a friend who will go on holiday to a town which you know very well. Please write a letter to him/her including these contents: (1) recommend a place to live (2) what things he/she can do there (3) the weather conditions there.
18. You want to ask a friend of yours to visit you for the first time and live at your home for a short period. Write a letter of invitation, suggesting him to bring essential things and what he can do during his visit.
19. You are an international student who has rented an apartment on campus. Recently you damaged something in one of your rooms. Write to the school authorities, explaining how the damage was caused, offering some solution and apologizing for the inconvenience.
20. Your company is going to have a working weekend in a hotel. Write a letter to the hotel staff about what you need. You need to introduce yourself, tell them your plan and requirements of the accommodation.
21. You have been working for a company for several years. However, you are dissatisfied and disappointed with it. Write a letter of resignation, explaining the reason why you want to leave and making some requests or suggestions.
22. One of your neighbours wrote you a letter, complaining about the annoying noise you made in the neighbourhood. Write a letter to him/her in which you should explain the situation, apologize for the noise you made and tell him/her about the action you will take to deal with the problem.
23. For some reason, you cannot attend a course you have already paid for. Write a letter to the professor, indicating the reason and tell him/her what you plan to do.
24. A company is organizing a trip abroad for language training to a number of limited places. Please write a letter, expressing that you want to join, why you think you should join, and why the organizer you select you.
25. You are a college student and feel very unhappy about having to live outside the campus. Write a letter to the college authorities, introducing yourself, explaining why you are unhappy, asking for on-campus accommodation, and telling them why it is better to live inside the college.
26. You went to computer shop last week to have your broken computer repaired. However, you are not satisfied with their service. Write a letter of complaint to their manager, explaining the situation and the reason why you were unhappy, and telling them what should be done about it.
27. Last weekend, your watch was lost in an English-speaking friend’s home during your visit. Write a letter to your friend, thanking his/her kindness, describing how you lost it and asking for his/her help.
28. You are moving to an English-speaking country with your family. Write to an accommodation agency to seek a house for your family. Please tell them what type of house you are looking for and some detailed requirements.
29. You had a long distance flight and found there were some problems on the plane. Also the crew was not helpful. Write a letter to the airline to describe the situation, tell them what happened during the journey and give some suggestions.